- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cream cheese frosting
- Green colored sugar and/or sprinkles
- In a bowl, combine the flour, pudding mix, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in chocolate chips. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients until well mixed.
- Fill foil or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost and decorate as desired. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forSt. Patrick's Day Pistachio Cupcakes
"Excellent recipe. I make these every year, although I prefer to top them with a butter cream icing."
"Very good and especially tasty with homemade cream cheese frosting. I tinted the frosting with green food coloring and sprinkled with green sugar and jimmies."
"my kids LOVED these - i have been requested to make them again for this St Patty's Day"
"These cupcakes were delicious. They were very moist and the cream cheese icing topped them off. I tinted the icing green. They were a great treat for St. Patrick's Day."
"Great moist cupcakes with a unique flavor."