- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Green food coloring, optional
- Cream cheese frosting
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pudding mix, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; add to dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Add food coloring to frosting if desired; frost cupcakes. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forSt. Patrick's Day Cupcakes
"Very goodI made them vegan so used applesauce instead of eggs and used soy milk. Did not frost them."
"Delicious and easy cupcakes! I added a little green food coloring to the batter also."
"Very easy to make and very good to eat."
"I loved loved loved these!! I have used this recipe many times with different pudding mixes and its great everytime!"
"Is this recipe supposed to have cinnamon & baking soda in it?"
"Moist, delicious and easy! I will try again with other pudding flavors."
"So easy to put together! For the frosting, I purchase ready-made cream cheese frosting in a can and just add a touch of green food coloring gel--it's great!"
"What baking Soda & Cinnamon? I don't see mention of either."
"I really liked these cupcakes. They were simple to make. I took these to work and everyone loved them. You could even use different kinds of pudding to go with whatever the holiday is."
"easy, adorable, and delicious! I hope to make these on St. Patrick's Day!"