- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Green food coloring, optional
- Cream cheese frosting
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pudding mix, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; add to dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Add food coloring to frosting if desired; frost cupcakes. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forSt. Patrick's Day Cupcakes
"Very goodI made them vegan so used applesauce instead of eggs and used soy milk. Did not frost them."
"Delicious and easy cupcakes! I added a little green food coloring to the batter also."
"Very easy to make and very good to eat."
"I loved loved loved these!! I have used this recipe many times with different pudding mixes and its great everytime!"
"Moist, delicious and easy! I will try again with other pudding flavors."
"So easy to put together! For the frosting, I purchase ready-made cream cheese frosting in a can and just add a touch of green food coloring gel--it's great!"
"What baking Soda & Cinnamon? I don't see mention of either."
"I really liked these cupcakes. They were simple to make. I took these to work and everyone loved them. You could even use different kinds of pudding to go with whatever the holiday is."
"easy, adorable, and delicious! I hope to make these on St. Patrick's Day!"
"They are great with the pistachio pudding mix, but tried them as well with lemon pudding mix and lemon extract instead of vanilla and they got rave reviews."