- 2 pounds yellow summer squash, peeled and cubed
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 19)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 envelope buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place squash in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until very tender. Drain well in a fine mesh strainer, pressing water out with the back of a large spoon.
- Transfer to a large bowl; mash. Stir in the eggs, cheese, mayonnaise, cracker crumbs, onion and dressing mix.
- Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and paprika. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSquash Supreme
"I made this for Thanksgiving a few years ago and made it again this year...I always have to try new recipes and hardly ever go back to the same one. This is excellent and a keeper!"