Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 small yellow summer squash
- 1 small zucchini
- 3 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- With a vegetable peeler or metal cheese slicer, cut very thin slices down the length of each squash, making long ribbons. Place in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of boiling water. Cover and steam for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, onion powder, rosemary, salt, thyme and pepper. Add squash and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 55 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 28, 2012
This recipe was Ok but not great. I thought it tasted a little like medicine and was mushy.
May 28, 2010
Next time I will try to cut the slices thicker - cut mine with a regular vegetable peeler & got too "mushy". The family agreed I should try this again because it tasted good. I also used Mrs. Dash Herbs instead of thyme because I didn't have any and left out the salt.
Jul 26, 2009
This had really nice flavor, but it was sort of a pain slicing the squash into little ribbons. Sure it looked nice but it would have tasted equally good if I'd sliced it normally, and it would have been a lot quicker.