Squash Quiche Recipe
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 2 medium zucchini, peeled and shredded
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, peeled and shredded
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Dash dried thyme
- 1. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes; remove foil. Bake 5 minutes longer; set aside. Reduce heat to 350°
- 2. In a large saucepan, cover and cook the zucchini, yellow squash, carrots and onion in butter over low heat for 10-15 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, cheese, sour cream, milk, salt, pepper and thyme. Spoon vegetable mixture into crust; top with egg mixture.
- 4. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 313 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Squash Quiche
"I agree with Jennifer that it really does make 2 quiches with 2 of each squash. I made it 1x grating the squash and the next time halving the slices. I liked having bigger bites of the squash. Other than that, I loved this recipe Too bad there isn't a picture as it is pretty when baked."
"This was the first quiche I have ever made myself, and it was a big hit! Even my 3-year-old nephew enjoyed it.I would make 2 corrections: 1. I am able to make 2 quiches from this recipe, as I used 2 squash and 2 zucchini, and I did not have a deep dish crust, but this is not a problem, trust me :)2. I would prefer to mix the veg and egg mixtures together, to achieve that typical quiche consistency.Thank you so much for sharing this. I will definitely be adding it to my list of favorites."