- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 2 medium zucchini, peeled and shredded
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, peeled and shredded
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Dash dried thyme
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes; remove foil. Bake 5 minutes longer; set aside. Reduce heat to 350°
- In a large saucepan, cover and cook the zucchini, yellow squash, carrots and onion in butter over low heat for 10-15 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, cheese, sour cream, milk, salt, pepper and thyme. Spoon vegetable mixture into crust; top with egg mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forSquash Quiche
"I agree with Jennifer that it really does make 2 quiches with 2 of each squash. I made it 1x grating the squash and the next time halving the slices. I liked having bigger bites of the squash. Other than that, I loved this recipe Too bad there isn't a picture as it is pretty when baked."
"This was the first quiche I have ever made myself, and it was a big hit! Even my 3-year-old nephew enjoyed it.I would make 2 corrections: 1. I am able to make 2 quiches from this recipe, as I used 2 squash and 2 zucchini, and I did not have a deep dish crust, but this is not a problem, trust me :)2. I would prefer to mix the veg and egg mixtures together, to achieve that typical quiche consistency.Thank you so much for sharing this. I will definitely be adding it to my list of favorites."