Squash Fajitas with Goat Cheese
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 log (4 ounces) fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute squash and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic, pepper and salt; cook 1 minute longer.
- Spoon onto tortillas. Top with cheese and sprinkle with parsley. Fold in sides.
Nutrition Facts2 fajitas: 476 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 919mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 15g protein.
Sep 30, 2019
This was perfect for a quick easy dinner tonight! I had to use up some leftovers and wanted some inspiration to turn squash and onion into more of a meal than the side dishes I usually make with those veggies. I didn't have parsley, and I added some spices- just some seasoning blends that I use often, a dash of malt vinegar to brighten it, and served it with avocado slices. I think fresh cilantro could work even better than parsley, if you have it. Thanks for the recipe!