Squash Custard Pie Recipe
Acorn squash has been a favorite of mine since I was little and my mother baked it with sugar and cinnamon. This particular pie was something I improvised. We love pumpkin pie, but had fresh squash in excess. So I came up with this new variation! It's good to take to potlucks, to pie or cake walks at school, or to serve as a different dessert for Thanksgiving or Christmas. —Mary Kelly, Hopland, California
- 1 cup mashed cooked winter squash
- 1 cup whipping or heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream or topping or garnish
- 1. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except for the pie pastry and additional whipped cream. Pour into the pastry; bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake for 45 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Chill. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 361 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Squash Custard Pie
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC