Frozen winter squash makes these bright muffins a cinch to create. “I like to serve them at brunch or with soup at other meals,” notes Colette Maher of Livonia, Michigan.
Recommended: 75 Delicious Ways to Eat Corn on (and off) the Cob
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup frozen winter squash, thawed
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, squash, yogurt and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in corn and onions.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full. Bake at 425° for 12-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Squash Corn Muffins in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p31
Reviews forSquash Corn Muffins
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review