Squash Casserole Side Dish
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups chopped yellow summer squash or zucchini
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, oil and biscuit mix. Stir in the chili peppers, onion, garlic and half the cheese. Stir in squash.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes; sprinkle with reserved cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 274 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 359mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 23, 2012
My family loves this. Have used combinations of squash. Also, substituted asparagus for the squash and we like that, too.
Sep 11, 2009
I followed the directions to the tee. My squash and onion were not cooked and soft. I was very disappointed.