- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup biscuit mix (dry)
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chili peppers with juice
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 cups coarsely chopped summer squash or zucchini or yellow summer squash
- Combine eggs, oil an biscuit mix. Stir in chili peppers, onion, garlic and half the cheese. Stir in squash. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes; sprinkle with reserved cheese and bake 5 minutes more. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forSquash Casserole Side Dish
"My family loves this. Have used combinations of squash. Also, substituted asparagus for the squash and we like that, too."
"I followed the directions to the tee. My squash and onion were not cooked and soft. I was very disappointed."