Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 medium buttercup or butternut squash (about 1-1/4 pounds), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- Arrange squash in a 2-qt. baking dish. Top with apple wedges. Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over apples.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 198 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 14, 2012
What variety of apple would pair best with the squash in this recipe? This sounds like an excellent holiday menu idea.
Jan 11, 2010
Used as side dish for Christmas dinner, very good, none left, will make again