- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups shredded yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh marjoram or 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Dash pepper
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini and yellow squash over medium heat until reduced to about 1-1/2 cups, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl. Add the onion, cheeses, parsley, marjoram and garlic.
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, seasoned salt and pepper. Stir in eggs and oil just until combined. Fold in squash mixture.
- Fill greased miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews forSquash Appetizer Cups
"Just made these. They are not bad, but for the trouble, the taste isn't over the top. I think I can tweak it and make it a little more tasty.Thanks for the recipe."
"These are really tasy and have become a staple appetizer at many functions for me. They also reheat well."