Squash and Zucchini Rice Medley
A relative brought this dish to a family get-together. I got the recipe on the spot.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow summer squash
- 1/3 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, bring the broth, water, summer squash, zucchini, salt and dill weed to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato and Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 232 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 642mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Vegetable Rice Medley in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.