- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until broth is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the squash, carrot, green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in seasonings. Fluff couscous with a fork; toss with vegetable mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSquash and Veggie Couscous
"I made this for my 94-year-old Grandmother and she loved it. She especially liked all the vegetables in it."