Squash and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup bias-sliced celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- 1. Combine lemon juice and honey; set aside. In a wok or large skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add squash, garlic and ginger. Stir-fry about 3 minutes. Add the broccoli, celery and onion; stir-fry 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from heat and quickly toss with the honey mixture. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels. Serve immediately.
3/4 cup: 113 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Jul 11, 2014
Did not like at all! Husband would not eat.
Sep 5, 2012
This was a smash hit with my boyfriend. I omitted the sunflower kernels and added more lemon to the recipe. I ended up cooking the mix longer than stated, though I had a bit more squash than was called for. I highly recommend this recipe!
May 22, 2012
Excellent. I only had yellow squash and I like it cooked longer and omitted sunflower seeds. Will make again.
Jan 26, 2012
I am totally in love with butternut squash! This recipe is fantastic! Try it!