Spuds Lasagna Loaf
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and halved widthwise
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese, drained
- 1 large Eggland's Best egg
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cool; cut into thin slices. In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese and egg; set aside. In another small bowl, combine tomato sauce and seasonings.
- In a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan, layer half of the potatoes, half of the cottage cheese mixture and half of the tomato sauce mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 183 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 418mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 1, 2017
This is really different and with a love of potatoes and lasagna - had to try it. It certainly is not a lasagna but it is delicious - the flavors are really good, I did use a marinara sauce instead of tomato sauce - it is just very tasty.