- 2 large potatoes, peeled and halved widthwise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) small-curd cottage cheese, drained
- 1 egg
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cool; cut into thin slices. In a bowl, combine cottage cheese and egg; set aside. In another bowl, combine tomato sauce and seasonings.
- In a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan, layer half of the potatoes, half of the cottage cheese mixture and half of the tomato sauce mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until potatoes re tender. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forSpuds Lasagna Loaf
"This is really different and with a love of potatoes and lasagna - had to try it. It certainly is not a lasagna but it is delicious - the flavors are really good, I did use a marinara sauce instead of tomato sauce - it is just very tasty."