“Crunchy chestnuts and earthy thyme stand up beautifully to tasty brussels sprouts.” They're buttery and delicious, and go great with just about any chicken dish. Agnes Ward - Stratford, Ontario
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place the brussels sprouts, water and bouillon in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Stir in the water chestnuts, butter, seasonings and sugar; cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until butter is melted and water chestnuts are heated through. Stir in lemon juice.