“Crunchy chestnuts and earthy thyme stand up beautifully to tasty brussels sprouts.” They're buttery and delicious, and go great with just about any chicken dish. Agnes Ward - Stratford, Ontario
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place the brussels sprouts, water and bouillon in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Stir in the water chestnuts, butter, seasonings and sugar; cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until butter is melted and water chestnuts are heated through. Stir in lemon juice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spruced-Up Sprouts in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p61
Reviews forSpruced-Up Sprouts
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 28, 2013
"Absolutely Delicious! Will definitely use this recipe again and again! Very flavorful!"