- 2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Place sprouts in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 9-11 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in water chestnuts. Transfer brussels sprouts to a serving dish; serve with water chestnut mixture. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forSprouts with Water Chestnuts
"So simple, very tasty -- what a great way to dress up brussel sprouts!"