- 2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Minced fresh parsley
- Add 1 in. of water and brussels sprouts to a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, brown sugar, salt and mustard until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat. Stir in sour cream; heat through.
- Drain the sprouts; place in a serving bowl. Top with sauce. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forSprouts with Sour Cream
"I thought these were awesome!! LOVED the sauce! I could have eaten the whole bowl myself! YUMMY!!"
"I did not like these at all. The Lemony Brussels Sprouts (TOH) are much better."