- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Red and green candied cherries
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and mix well. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture. Add extract.
- Using a cooking press fitted with a star-shaped disk, form dough into long ropes. Cut into 3-1/4-in. pieces; shape into wreaths. Decorate with cherries. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 6-7 dozen.
Reviews forSpritz Wreaths
"Yes,I do have a comment,I bake the cookies at 375 for 8-10 minutes but they come out burned.So,|I have to change heat to to 355 and leave them for a little longer they will not burn."