Spritz Sandwich Cookies
I smear my buttery spritz cookies with Biscoff spread, which is a nut butter alternative that's made from ground Biscoff cookies.—Linda Sweet, Cornwall, NY
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Colored sprinkles
- 2/3 cup Biscoff spread
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and cinnamon; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a disk, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sprinkles. Bake 6-8 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon Biscoff on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.
- Freeze option: Transfer dough to a resealable plastic freezer bag; freeze. To use, thaw dough in refrigerator overnight or until soft enough to press. Prepare and bake cookies as directed.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich cookie: 90 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.