Spritz Sandwich Cookies
I smear my buttery spritz cookies with Biscoff spread, which is a nut butter alternative that's made from ground Biscoff cookies.—Linda Sweet, Cornwall, NY
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Colored sprinkles
- 2/3 cup Biscoff spread
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and cinnamon; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a disk, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sprinkles. Bake 6-8 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon Biscoff on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.
- Freeze option: Transfer dough to a resealable plastic freezer bag; freeze. To use, thaw dough in refrigerator overnight or until soft enough to press. Prepare and bake cookies as directed.
Originally published as Touch of Gold Christmas Trees in Ultimate Cookie Swap 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.