Springtime Tossed Salad
"I first sampled a version of this salad at a restaurant, then I experimented until I came up with a lightened-up dressing that tasted great," writes Laura Kopp of Shiocton, Wisconsin. "Raspberry juice gives a nice fruity flavor to the mixed greens. This is one of my family's favorite summer dishes, which I often serve with whole grain crusty rolls. The salad is extremely quick to toss together."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 8 ounces spring mix salad greens
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup cranberry-raspberry juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a salad bowl, combine the greens, oranges, blue cheese and pecans. In a small bowl, whisk the cranberry-raspberry juice, vinegar and oil. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.