"I first sampled a version of this salad at a restaurant, then I experimented until I came up with a lightened-up dressing that tasted great," writes Laura Kopp of Shiocton, Wisconsin. "Raspberry juice gives a nice fruity flavor to the mixed greens. This is one of my family's favorite summer dishes, which I often serve with whole grain crusty rolls. The salad is extremely quick to toss together."
Recommended: 30 Satisfying Protein-Packed Salad Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup raspberry juice or cranberry-raspberry juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces spring mix salad greens
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk together the raspberry juice, vinegar and oil. Cover and refrigerate. In a large bowl, combine the salad mix, mandarin oranges and blue cheese. Pour dressing over salad mixture; toss to coat. Add pecans; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Springtime Tossed Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p52