Springtime Asparagus Pizza
Here's a pizza that celebrates spring's best. A chewy crust is topped with a blend of mozzarella and feta cheeses, fresh asparagus spears and even anchovy fillets if you like.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 teaspoon cornmeal
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough, room temperature
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 anchovy fillets, optional
- Grease a large baking sheet; sprinkle with cornmeal. Roll out dough into a 15-in. circle; transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle crust with mozzarella and feta cheeses; top with asparagus. Bake at 450° until crust is golden and cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon zest and red pepper flakes. Top with anchovy fillets if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 227 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 600mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Springtime Asparagus Pizza in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011