Spring Vegetable Medley
From Hebron, Indiana, Edna Hoffman shares this garden-fresh side dish. Seasoned with Dijon mustard and thyme, the battered vegetables are perfect when served with seafood, poultry or beef.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 2 cups quartered small red potatoes
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (2-inch pieces)
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, bring the potatoes, carrots, water and bouillon to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the asparagus and zucchini; cover and simmer for 10 minutes longer or until crisp-tender. Combine the butter, mustard, thyme and salt; pour over vegetables; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 119 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 356mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Feb 8, 2015
We loved this! It tasted so good! Thank you for posting the recipe. We will definitely be making this A LOT. :-)
Mar 23, 2010
Very easy to make. I was looking for a different way to use up the asparagus that I had.