- 1 pound small red potatoes, halved
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, halved
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Place potatoes, onion and carrots in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with flour, garlic, lemon peel, thyme, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Place chicken over top. Add broth and bay leaves.
- Cook, covered, on low 7-9 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaves. Sprinkle servings with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSpring-Thyme Chicken Stew
"This recipe will stay on our regular rotation list. I did make a couple of edits- only based on our diet restrictions. I did not add flour because we're wheat free and I substituted the chicken with pan fried tofu. I also have made this in a soup pot on the stove which was my preference to the slow cooker. I added 2 additional cups of stock just to make it more soupy. The recipe itself is very tasty and a great version of the typical "chicken soup" on a cold day. I would highly recommend that those who haven't enjoyed It perhaps try it on the stove top and maybe just cook the chicken itself in the crockpot."
"yucky, do not make this recipe. I fixed it for my wife and myself and although we each ate a bowl, we tossed the rest. The lemon peel adds nothing and overpowers the rest."
"I thought this recipe was ok. I liked that it wasn't hard to prepare at all and is a geat weekday recipe. The flavor could use some sprucing up, but other than that it was alright."
"I wasn't a big fan of this recipe. It was editable, but that was about it. I added season-all to spruce it up, but it still didn't do much for it."
"Due to a very busy April this year, I never had a chance to try some of the recipes I'd tagged in my April/May 2013 Taste of Home magazine. Well, I made Spring-Thyme chicken Stew yesterday and my husband loved it! I added a half teaspoon of Turmeric and reduced the lemon peel to one teaspoon. The stew has a nice flavor, something out of the ordinary, and is very good. I will definitely be making this recipe again!"
"My daughter made this for me. It was excellent!"
"Tried to do with hints from other posters. Would like to know how much herbs du province that Chris 100401 used to spice it up."
"This was absolutely AWEFULLY!! Don't waste or time or money on this one, the thyme and lemon is way to over powering. Its was not edible, the whole batch went into the garbage disposal, as big YUCK!"