Spring Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cider or white wine vinegar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 10 cups torn spinach
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped Vidalia or sweet onion
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients; shake well. Just before serving, combine spinach, strawberries, pecans and onion in a large salad bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 23, 2016
My family asks me to make this spring salad every Easter....this year is year #3. So yummy! I don't like poppy seeds or pecans, so I use sunflower seeds for the crunch.
Feb 8, 2016
Our whole family loves this recipe! It's light and delicious but filling enough to be a meal in the summer.
Nov 16, 2010
Delicious! I used olive oil and just sliced up a 1 pound contained of strawberries and didn't bother to measure.~ Theresa