Spring Rhubarb Salad
In our part of Iowa, we know spring is coming when we see the first rhubarb peeking out of the ground. We enjoy it so much that it's hard to wait for the stalks to grow large enough to be picked! I've collected lots of recipes for rhubarb, but this is one of my family's favorites.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 4 cups diced fresh rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Combine rhubarb, water and sugar in saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until rhubarb is tender. Remove from heat; add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Add orange juice and zest. Chill until syrupy. Add strawberries. pour into 6-cup mold; chill until set.