- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 12 ounces fully cooked salmon chunks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Saute carrots and yellow pepper in butter in a large saucepan until crisp-tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 1 minute or until lightly toasted.
- Stir in the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in asparagus. Cook, uncovered, 3-4 minutes longer or until rice is tender.
- Stir in the salmon, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon chives and lemon peel; heat through. Fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with remaining chives. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSpring Pilaf with Salmon & Asparagus
"I gave this 4 stars based on the fact that I love all the ingredients however I would have to adjust this a bit. One serving as written would be 15 points on Weight Watchers and more than I want to spend for one dinner. Cutting the butter down or out would help greatly and perhaps reducing the rice and adding more veggies. I have lost 78 pounds and want to keep it off. Has anyone reduced this down a bit? Hats off to whoever lists the fat, carbs, fiber and protein for those of us who count points!"
"VERY GOOD! Mine didn't turn out as pretty as the photo - I normally use Jasmine or Basmati rice, so next time I'll have to cut the simmering time down as it overcooked the rice a bit."
"Very good. It is lite and a great way to use leftover salmon."
"Delicious! Will definitely make again!"