Spring Pea Crostini
Peas are an amazing power veggie full of flavor and nutrients. Use them with parsley for a colorful and crunchy topping on toast. —Ana Maria Avellar, Newport Beach, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 40 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- 3 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 2 cups packed fresh parsley leaves
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat or feta cheese
- Thinly sliced fresh basil or whole parsley sprigs
- Preheat broiler. Place baguette slices on ungreased baking sheets. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a large saucepan, bring 6 cups salted water to a boil. Add peas; cook, uncovered, 3-4 minutes or just until tender. Drain.
- Place peas and parsley in a food processor; process until chopped. Add yogurt, 3 tablespoons oil, garlic, salt and pepper; process just until blended.
- To serve, spread pea mixture over baguette slices. Drizzle with remaining oil; top with cheese and basil.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 43 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Healthy Green Peas Spring Spread. in Taste of Home April/May 2015