Peas are an amazing power veggie full of flavor and nutrients. Use them with parsley for a colorful and crunchy topping on toast. —Ana Maria Avellar, Newport Beach, California
Recommended: 26 Ways to Eat Asparagus This Spring
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 40 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- 3 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 2 cups packed fresh parsley leaves
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat or feta cheese
- Thinly sliced fresh basil or whole parsley sprigs
- Preheat broiler. Place baguette slices on ungreased baking sheets. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a large saucepan, bring 6 cups salted water to a boil. Add peas; cook, uncovered, 3-4 minutes or just until tender. Drain.
- Place peas and parsley in a food processor; process until chopped. Add yogurt, 3 tablespoons oil, garlic, salt and pepper; process just until blended.
- To serve, spread pea mixture over baguette slices. Drizzle with remaining oil; top with cheese and basil. Yield: 40 appetizers.
Originally published as Spring Pea Crostini in Taste of Home April/May 2015, p44