- 2 cups uncooked stone-ground yellow grits
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare grits according to package directions. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, using a mixer, beat cream cheese. Add mayonnaise; continue beating until creamy. Add next five ingredients, mixing until well blended.
- Stir butter and pimiento cheese mixture into the warm grits; season to taste. Mix well. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forSpring Onion Pimiento Cheese Grits
"This recipe for grits is amazing! So creamy and flavorful due to the pimentos! This is definitely one of my new favorites!"