Grits were a breakfast staple when I was growing up. Even today, we still have them about three times a week. The trick with grits is the more you whisk, the creamier they'll be. —Melissa Pelkey Hass, Waleska, Georgia
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups uncooked stone-ground yellow grits
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare grits according to package directions. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, using a mixer, beat cream cheese. Add mayonnaise; continue beating until creamy. Add next five ingredients, mixing until well blended.
- Stir butter and pimiento cheese mixture into the warm grits; season to taste. Mix well. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Spring Onion Pimiento Cheese Grits in Taste of Home April/May 2017
Reviews forSpring Onion Pimiento Cheese Grits
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 21, 2017
"This recipe for grits is amazing! So creamy and flavorful due to the pimentos! This is definitely one of my new favorites!"