Spring Greens with Blue Cheese and Fruits
The variety of fruit makes this a colorful salad. I enjoy all the ingredients in this salad.—Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup pomegranate or cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 clementines, sectioned
- 1/2 cup green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- In a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients. Chill until serving.
- Divide salad greens among eight serving plates. Sprinkle with blue cheese and onion. Divide the fruits among salads; drizzle with dressing. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and chives.
Make Ahead:: Dressing can be prepared up to 3 days ahead. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 244 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 408mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as FIELD GREENS WITH BLUE CHEESE, FRUITS AND POMEGRANATE VINAIGRETTE in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012