Spring Greens with Berries
My busy sister-in-law gave me this refreshing salad recipe years ago, and it quickly became a favorite with my family—just as it is with hers. It's crisp, colorful, goes together in a snap and complements a variety of entrees. Plus, the dressing can be refrigerated several days for make-ahead convenience. —Vikki Peck, Poland, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- ORANGE VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the greens, oranges, berries and almonds. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinaigrette ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 157 calories, 12g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Berry Green Salad with Orange Vinaigrette in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.