- 1/2 cup chopped leek (white portion only)
- 1/2 cup cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- In small bowl, combine leek and asparagus. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to 350°.
- Place mushrooms on the bottom of a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray. Top with roasted vegetables and cheese. In a large bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour over cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSpring Frittata
"This has become a "go to" regular"
"I didn't have asiago so I used 1/2 the amount of parmesan. I'm making it again without mushrooms and doubling the asparagus. The dill is awesome."
"Sorry, we didn't care for it at all."
"This is one easy recipe that is foolproof. Slices beautifully (just like in the picture) and perfect for summer company. I increased the asparagus to one cup and used shredded cheddar. I felt decadent having 2 servings for lunch with salsa."
"I could easily make this an Easter brunch tradition. This is delicious and I'm not usually a big fan of egg dishes. It was also an easy prep. Great flavor and texture too!"