Although this is known as Spring Corn, the taste reminds me of summer's sweet varieties of those golden kernels. My aunt shared the recipe in a family cookbook.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups frozen gold and white corn
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook corn according to package directions; drain and set aside. In a small skillet, saute onion in butter. Add the sugar, mustard, parsley and reserved corn. Cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 166 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Spring Corn in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.