Spring Chicken and Pea Salad
My endive, radicchio and chicken salad with a dash of mint jelly dressing makes a wonderful meal for a luncheon or light dinner. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 2 cups torn curly or Belgian endive
- 2 cups torn radicchio
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mint jelly
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Toasted pine nuts, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add peas; cover and cook 5-8 minutes or until tender.
- Drain peas; place in a large bowl. Add endive, radicchio, chicken, radishes, onion and mint. In a small saucepan, combine oil, lemon zest, juice, jelly, garlic, salt and pepper; cook and stir over medium-low heat 4-6 minutes or until jelly is melted. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. If desired, sprinkle with pine nuts.
Editor's Note: Frozen peas may be substituted for fresh peas; thaw before using.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 250 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Spring Chicken and Pea Salad in Simple & Delicious April/May 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.