Spring Brunch Bruschetta
My kids and husband can't get enough of these tempting appetizers. Sometimes I use miniature bagel halves, Melba toasts or split English muffins in place of the French baguette slices.
Total TimePrep: 40 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup Manchego cheese, grated, divided
- Caviar, capers and/or paprika
- Place asparagus in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; drizzle with 2 teaspoons oil. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Brush baguette slices with remaining oil. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until toasted. Rub garlic clove over each slice; discard garlic.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, pepper and salt. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until almost set. Stir in asparagus and 2 tablespoons cheese. Cook and stir until completely set.
- Spoon egg mixture over baguette slices; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Garnish with caviar, capers and/or paprika. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 62 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.