Spring Brunch Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 8 cups cubed French bread
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 large egg whites
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine the bread, asparagus, ham and cheese. Whisk the egg whites, eggs, milk, lemon juice and garlic powder; pour over bread mixture and stir until blended. Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake 8-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 224 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 640mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Nov 7, 2013
I made this with broccoli instead and it was fantastic!
Mar 14, 2013
Would rate this dish a definite *5*, even though rating stars did not appear. Looks very easy, plan to make **soon**. I like the idea of using whole wheat french toast. Very clever indeed!! K.
May 13, 2012
Delicious and easy. A really pretty casserole, too.
Mar 22, 2010
This spring brunch bake turns out so nice and so delicious, it's one my family asks for any time we have the ingredients. I make it gladly for them, as we all love it and eat it whenever we can. It's a keeper for sure and going in my recipe box.
Jul 5, 2009
I used whole wheat french bread and mixed fat-free & part-skim mozzarella cheese. It turned out AMAZING!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.