Spring Brunch Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 8 cups cubed French bread
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 large egg whites
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine the bread, asparagus, ham and cheese. Whisk the egg whites, eggs, milk, lemon juice and garlic powder; pour over bread mixture and stir until blended. Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake 8-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 224 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 640mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 7, 2013
I made this with broccoli instead and it was fantastic!
Mar 14, 2013
Would rate this dish a definite *5*, even though rating stars did not appear. Looks very easy, plan to make **soon**. I like the idea of using whole wheat french toast. Very clever indeed!! K.
May 13, 2012
Delicious and easy. A really pretty casserole, too.
Mar 22, 2010
This spring brunch bake turns out so nice and so delicious, it's one my family asks for any time we have the ingredients. I make it gladly for them, as we all love it and eat it whenever we can. It's a keeper for sure and going in my recipe box.
Jul 5, 2009
I used whole wheat french bread and mixed fat-free & part-skim mozzarella cheese. It turned out AMAZING!