Spring Breakfast Strata
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 1 hour
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cut asparagus, thawed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 10 cups cubed bread
- In a large bowl, beat eggs; add milk, mustard, basil and salt. Gently stir in remaining ingredients until well mixed. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 325 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 195mg cholesterol, 1075mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 6, 2015
It was ok, not great. It was mushy and left my family wanting something else.
Jul 22, 2011
Made this for a bunch of gals that were scrapbooking for the weekend. They all loved it and left me with an empty dish. I love it also and especially the fact that I could make it the night before. Simple and easy! Thank You!
May 11, 2011
This is delicious! I substitute cooked & chopped up bacon for the ham. Turns out great!
Jan 22, 2010
Jul 26, 2009
Sounded good but was more like mush. Really needs day old or crusty bread anything but fresh. I used diced ham and that was a mistake. Prepackaged cubed seemed too big but would have been better in this recipe. I also used reduced fat cheese. It' hard to tell there is even cheese in the recipe.