"This refreshing salad is one of the first requests from my family as soon as the spring asparagus is on the market," notes Lois Crissman from Mansfield, Ohio. "It seems to impress guests, too."
Recommended: 26 Ways to Eat Asparagus This Spring
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 3 plum tomatoes, halved and sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, tomatoes and onion. Drizzle with vinaigrette and gently toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Asparagus Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p43