Spring and Fall Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour; stir in rhubarb, cranberries and apples. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; add filling.
- Cover with a lattice crust; seal and flute edges. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° bake 40 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly. Cover edges loosely with foil to prevent overbrowning if necessary.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 417 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 29, 2012
I have made these pies before, and I remember my grandmother teaching me. I'm 71. BTW your videos are not working.
Nov 19, 2009
This is an easy recipe and very tasty pie. My family loved it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.