Every spring, I have a good crop of rhubarb in my garden, and one of my favorite ways to use it is in this pie. I adapted this version from a recipe I received from our county Extension service.
Recommended: 21 Pumpkin Pie-Inspired Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour; stir in rhubarb, cranberries and apples. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; add filling.
- Cover with a lattice crust; seal and flute edges. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° bake 40 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly. Cover edges loosely with foil to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Spring and Fall Pie in Country April/May 1998, p49
Reviews forSpring and Fall Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review