Spoon Bread Corn Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
Makesabout 32 servings
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 1/4 cup diced pimientos
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream and butter; stir in muffin mixes. Fold in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 130 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 24, 2009
This was a great recipe. I made it the day ahead and reheated the next day. Delicious!
Aug 3, 2008
The original recipe serves 32. When cooking for a smaller group or for 2. Be sure to down-size this recipe.
Aug 3, 2008
This original recipe serves 32. Be sure to size this down to serve 6-12.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.