Spooky Monster Sandwiches
Why serve chicken salad on ordinary rolls when you can make these spooky sandwiches? —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 35 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, optional
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 dinner rolls, split and toasted
- 1 jar (15 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 24 pimiento-stuffed olives
- 12 pimiento strips
- 6 whole baby dill pickles, cut in half lengthwise
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cranberries if desired, mayonnaise, onion, celery, salt and pepper. Fill rolls with chicken mixture.
- Heat cheese sauce to soften; drizzle or pipe over top of each sandwich to resemble hair. For each monster sandwich, attach olives for eyes, pimiento strips for noses and pickles for fangs.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 332 calories, 20g fat (7g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 1434mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Spooky Monster Sandwiches in Taste of Home Halloween Party Favorites 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.