Ghosts and goblins of all ages won’t be able to stop reaching for these mouthwatering treats. They’re ooey, gooey and fudgy—what more could you ask for? —Sandy Krohn, Albion, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 15 caramels
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup orange, red, yellow and brown milk chocolate M&M's
- Prepare and bake brownies according to package directions. Place on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, melt caramels with milk over low heat; stir until blended. Top warm brownies with chocolate chips, walnuts, caramel and M&M's. Cool before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 148 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Ghoulish Brownies in Simple & Delicious October/November 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.