Split-Second Shrimp Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. In a 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate, combine the butter, garlic and cayenne. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute or until butter is melted. Stir in the wine, lemon juice, parsley and salt. Add shrimp; toss to coat.
- 2. Cover and microwave on high for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
5 piece: 79 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 349mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat.
Reviews for Split-Second Shrimp
"I loved this recipe but I found that it took about a minute longer to cook. I served it with the BLT salad on the same page."
"So easy and yummy! I use a lot less lemon juice...too much for my tastebuds and I add some garlic salt. I triple the sauce and serve over angel hair."